Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A bright spot

Today, I'm going to pause in my catching-up of the past month's misadventures for a moment. I am, however, almost caught up to real time for good.

Weight today: 170.5
I haven't been able to put in the gym time or the eating to keep up my recent gains. Hopefully that will change as of tomorrow. Busy, busy, busy. My housing situation is about to change, much sooner than I had anticipated. I'll be living with a friend of my best bud. Since he needs to be out of his current place by November 1, and he'll be out of the country from October 21 through 29, that means we'll need to find a place by next Friday. I know that this is ultimately the best thing for me, although it hasn't quite hit me how poor I'm going to be. Yes, I'm freaking out.

The one bright shining spot as the shatters of my life fall around me in noisy, clanging little piles? My Halloween costume is coming together quite nicely. Today, the perfect pair of superhero gloves were shipped to me. They're 18-inch, shiny black, fully-lined PVC gloves designed for "abrasive blasting" from Northern Tool & Equipment and I got them for...are you ready?....a buck ninety-nine (not including shipping). A coat of green spray paint and they'll be good to go.

Postscript:
I am somewhat baffled that it didn't occur to me when I ordered the gloves to check out Northern Tool & Equpment for the perfect superhero boots. Yup, they're there, made of PVC and only $12.99, and they're on their way to me now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll make it babe, although you might try not living in WeHo.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blasphemy!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home