Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Move

I'm in the new place. The movers were friendly, hard-working and kinda cute. (If anyone needs a recommendation for movers in Los Angeles, let me know; these guys were terrific.) They really made an emotionally difficult situation go as smoothly as possible. The whole thing took about four hours. I have a lot of stuff. My arms and legs are still covered with bruises and small cuts from hauling everything around. I sorta look like I just got home from a bar brawl.

Of course, now I will be surrounded by boxes for the foreseeable future. I'm going to try to unpack or put away at least one box of stuff every weekday, with a more concerted effort over the weekends. Still, I have no idea where all my books will go. I have a sad feeling that they're going to stay boxed up in my closet until my next move. At least I have big closets.

I'm not sure if it's "home" yet for me. I keep waking up about an hour before my alarm clock goes off. Maybe my body is telling me that it wants to hit the gym, but for now I've moved my morning workouts to the evening. But sleep comes very easily to me at nighttime.

Still no internet connection or landline phone, so no Manhunt or Tivo for me yet.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when's the house warming party? J/K Glad things went smoothly.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear God, I hate moving... which is why I tend to stay in apartments so long. Hey, you doing a big xmas tree in the new place? Sharing any pics?

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving

11:55 AM  
Blogger Jef said...

Do you have any pictures of these movers?

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home