Monday, November 27, 2006

November changes

I know that you will think I’m crazy. I know that I have only been single for just under three months. I know that I met the New Viking only three weeks ago. But the New Viking is now the New Boyfriend, and I am falling in love with him.
It is absolutely astounding to me that the moment I decided only to go out with men from a fairly narrow physical category, actively discriminating on physical appearance alone, that I met this prince of a guy, with the biggest heart and the brightest smile in the world. I know that the “blonds only” rule would have ended soon enough; I’m not an idiot, after all, and I knew that the rule was idiotic, just a way for me to fool myself into thinking that I was in control of my dating relationships.
I was reluctant to move forward too quickly, knowing that the heart outpaces the mind. I know all this, but when the right one comes along, you don’t throw that away.
I fear that this blog is going to become significantly less interesting; unhappiness tends to produce the best writing, at least in my own case. And I can't remember the last time I was this happy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jef said...

I'm so glad you've been enjoying yourself. I was hoping that your silence wasn't just because of emptying boxes.

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you alive and kicking! Congrats on the new man. We want all the details, every single dirty one!

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! :)

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

be happy! post hot and sweaty pics of you and the viking plundering villages and each other!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Jef said...

Yeah, describe his horny helmet thingy.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That made me so happy! :) And to think, I was there when the magic happened!!!!!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home