Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Summer Days, Drifting Away

It has been a great summer. The New Viking and I have been spending most weekends in Palm Springs, where he has a house courtesy of friends who flee the summer heat for a few months, and we're heading to Santa Fe tomorrow for a quick getaway. I'm already salivating at the prospect of floods of tequila and a spa day.

We'll continue to head to the desert on August weekends, and I'm sure I'll then start spending most September weekends at the beach here in town. But my busy time at work actually begins this coming Monday, so it feels like the end of summer. I know that seems strange, since I'll be spending plenty of 110+ degree days to come splashing about, either in the pool or the ocean, but I feel like summer is slipping through my fingers.

I'll get over it. As much as I love summer, fall is my favorite season here and I'll definitely be ready to spend weekends in town for a change. I do miss seeing my friends here, and I worry that they'll forget I exist.

1 Comments:

Blogger jason said...

I. Miss. You. SO. Much.
*sigh*

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home