Monday, March 26, 2007

Absence Makes the Heart...

The New Viking is out of town for the week. He left yesterday morning. I spent all day Sunday moping around his house, watching the three original "Star Wars" movies. (I had never seen "Return of the Jedi," and hadn't seen the other two since the early eighties. I didn't think that they held up particularly well.)

Today, despite several pressing work deadlines, I have managed to achieve next to nothing here in the office. I have been silently scolding myself for being a pussy; yes, I miss the NV, but my lethargy and helplessness really seemed out of proportion.

Then I put two and two together and realized that I had picked this morning to switch from coffee to green tea. I'm not sad or depressed...I am just going through withdrawal.

Two mugs of hot java and I'm feeling MUCH better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jef said...

You shock me: You had never seen Return of the Jedi?

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home