Thursday, January 04, 2007

Holiday Recap

Happy new year to all!

This was the first new year’s weekend since 1998-99 that didn’t involve drugs of any kind. (Yeah, I dragged this post down right away, didn’t I?) While I’m no druggie, there has always been a circuit party or two in my new year celebrations of late. This year was quite different. The New Viking and I were in Palm Springs, for a relatively low-key weekend spent with friends (good friends of his, who are now friends of mine). I may have been on a dance floor with my honey when midnight struck, and I just may have had my shirt off, but we left before 12:30am and were in bed 15 minutes later. Not that we went to sleep for another hour at least... Let’s just say that both his and my stamina were pretty damn impressive that night.

Okay, so there were some drugs. Just cold medicine, though. I picked up something that’s annoying and persistent, even if not exactly debilitating, on the Saturday before Christmas, probably from my plane trip east, or from my young nephews. (“Little germ factories,” their mother calls them.) Christmas was great, though. My mother, into the third or fourth week of chemotherapy, was naturally taking it relatively easy. I was very impressed with my father, who has really stepped up to the plate in helping out with everything household-related; he has even learned how to cook. I was happy to help out with some of the advanced stuff, like making crab cakes for Christmas Eve. The big traditions in my family include wolfing down shrimp ball, last minute grocery shopping at Ukrops, and buying ornaments on the day after Christmas. I spent $184 this year on ornaments, all marked down at 40% off. They all made it home safely, and are now helping to fill out the New Viking’s tree. My own tree is rather full, to say the least.

When the New Viking picked me up at LAX, he gave me the biggest, tightest hug I had ever gotten. God, how I love him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a "fun" new years eve ;) LOL Glad things are going so well :)

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home