Monday, December 18, 2006

The Christmas Party

My roommate Chip and I had our big Christmas party last night, with about 80 people there, pretty evenly split between his friends and mine. In the hubbub, one of Chip’s friends, a cute young thing who I didn’t know, introduced himself to me as he was leaving. “I live on the next street over,” he said. “Welcome to the neighborhood.” “Thanks. I guess I'll have to count on you when I need to borrow a cup of sugar,” I responded, ever the charming host. “Give me a call,” he shot back seductively, “whether or not you need any sugar.”

Apparently he hadn’t met the New Viking and didn’t know that I am off the market. Highly amused, I reported the exchange to the NV later, after everybody had gone home. His smile disappeared and his sad eyes started to well up with mist. “Somebody is trying to take you away from me,” he whispered, “but I only just got you.”

*melt*

2 Comments:

Blogger Jef said...

Isn't it a nice feeling to be in demand?

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my GAWD I love NV! *Swoon*

He's handsome and sweet and has a big ol' heart! Awwwwwwwww!

I hope we see you guys this weekend, too!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home