Thursday, December 14, 2006

Miss me?

I warned you. In my case, personal happiness has always tended to result in dull or nonexistent blog posts. This particular blog, born of despair, has gone neglected for far too long, but this is only because I am blissfully, head over heels in love.

My relationship with the New Viking just gets better and better. Not a day goes by without a silent prayer of thanks to God for sending him to me. We have so much fun together, and it has been especially fun to have a new beau in my life just in time for the holiday season. He is as crazy about Christmas as I am.

With a couple of exceptions, I generally don’t like to write too much here about the people who play the most important roles in my life. You’ll notice that I have remained decidedly unspecific about the reasons for my breakup, and I’ve remained purposefully sketchy on details about the people who have made important cameos here (the Dynamic Duo, the Viking, etc.). “Wheels are Spinning” is all about ME, ME, ME, but really this is mostly because it just doesn’t seem fair to other people when I have a forum for one-sided discussion. So I’m not going to say much in the way of specifics about the New Viking. But he is everything I’ve ever wanted. Take my word for it.

I have been off the steroids for a couple of weeks now. My skin condition finally seems to be clearing up. My yellow-blond hair is pretty much back to its natural color (still blond, I insist, despite plenty of scoffers) after two post-Halloween haircuts. The hair on my forearms and treasure trail has only grown in about halfway, which is a bit frustrating...too slow! And I’ve been dealing with some workout-related shoulder pain for a few weeks. If I were smarter, I’d take the rest of the month off from the gym. But I’m having a hard time dealing with that...I’ve put my body through some pretty heavy stuff over the last few months, and I’d hate to see it all go to waste. Besides, even though the New Viking likes the skinnier version of me that he’s seen in pictures from two years ago, I really like the beefier current model. I think I’ve said this before, but when I see myself in the mirror these days, I’m really happy with what I see. This is a major breakthrough for someone with my body and self-image issues, and I like it.

Weight: somewhere around 175

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ain't it funny? My blog goes neglected when I get depressed.

I'm glad to hear it's going well. I look forward to meeting him.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad things are going so well!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Jef said...

I understand your reasons for keeping quiet about the other people in your life, but at the same time, that's what makes blogs interesting--reading about other people's lives.

So can you share vague details about what you and the New Viking have done to celebrate the Christmas season?

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go! ;) I wish we could have made it yesterday. I hope you had a fabulous time!!

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home